Personal Loan EMI Calculator Online
Whenever you take a loan, it is important to plan well and calculate the equated monthly instalment (EMI) you are going to pay in order to repay that loan. It is vital to assess whether or not you will be able to repay a loan systematically through your EMIs or not. This is where an EMI calculator comes in. It is a great tool to help you plan your finances wisely.
You can use the Personal Loan EMI Calculator available on our website under the Financial Tools section for instant personal loan EMI calculation. All you need to get the result is just provide three basic information regarding the loan to be availed, i.e. loan amount, repayment tenure (in years), and rate of interest. After providing the details hit Enter button and you will know your EMI instantly.
How Does the Personal Loan EMI Calculator Work?
A Personal Loan EMI calculator helps you calculate the EMI as per the loan related details that you enter.
Here are the inputs that are needed for a Personal Loan EMI calculator to compute accurately:
- Loan Amount: It is the amount of money that you borrow from the lender. In order to calculate the Personal Loan EMI, first the decided rate of interest is applied and the same is then divided by the tenure to get you monthly EMIs. Usually, most lenders lend only that much amount that allows your monthly installments to remain less than 40% of your income per month.
- Interest Rate: The interest rate is what the lender charges you for lending a certain amount when you need it. It is charged on the amount lent and is either floating or fixed. A floating rate of interest keeps changing from time to time as per the prevailing policies. As a result, the EMIs keep varying. However, a fixed rate of interest is one that remains the same throughout the loan tenure. Because of this, all your loan EMIs are of an equal value.
- Loan Tenure: It is the time that an applicant chooses for repaying the entire loan. However, policies governing that a Personal Loan period be anything between 1 to 5 years only. Most lending institutions are flexible and allow the borrower to decide the return period as per their needs.
When you use a Personal Loan EMI calculator; it has two parts - the Personal Loan Interest Rate calculator and the Personal Loan EMI calculator. While the interest rate calculation is easier, the EMI calculation is a complex process.
Personal Loan Interest Calculator
The interest rate levied on your loan amount is always an annual rate. Also, the interest rate of every lending institution is different. That is why to make a well-informed choice, it is important to calculate how this annual rate translates into your monthly EMI. The Personal Loan interest calculator helps you convert the annual rate of interest into a personal loan monthly rate of interest so that you can work out your EMI amount.
The Personal Loan EMI calculator does this for you automatically. However, you can find out the monthly rate of interest (ROI) by dividing the annual rate of interest (ROI) by 12. Therefore, if the bank is charging you an annual 18% ROI, you divide it by 12 and 1.5% is your monthly ROI which will be applicable on the loan amount.
Personal Loan EMI Calculation
This helps you calculate your monthly EMI on a Personal Loan using the monthly ROI you just calculated above. This is a lengthy and tedious process. Since we converted the annual ROI into monthly ROI, we must also convert the loan tenure to months as well.
Then using the following formula we can calculate the personal loan EMI:
EMI = [P x R x (1+R)^N]/[(1+R)^N-1],
EMI = Equated Monthly Installment
P = Principal/Loan amount
R = Rate of Interest (You must enter the monthly ROI here)
N = Loan Repayment Tenure (You must enter tenure in months)
You can choose to calculate this manually through an excel spreadsheet, or use MyMoneyMantra's Personal Loan EMI Calculator for faster, accurate, and instant results.
Benefits of Using MyMoneyMantra's Personal Loan EMI Calculator
Here are some benefits of using MyMoneyMantra's Personal Loan EMI calculator:
- Easy-to-use: It is a simple and easy-to-use tool that helps you calculate your monthly EMI without any special training required.
- No extra charges: It is a free-to-use tool available on our website for everyone.
- No complex calculations involved: Calculating your Personal Loan EMI with an excel spreadsheet is a tedious and lengthy process. Our EMI calculator does all the calculation for you accurately.
- Faster results: With an EMI calculator, you can find out your EMI amount within seconds of feeding the required information.
- Easy assessment of repayment capacity: Using EMI calculator, you can also assess your repayment capacity and accordingly find out the desired EMI value.
- Informs about the best Personal Loan offers: Once you have used the MyMoneyMantra EMI Calculator, you are also shown some of the Best Personal Loans available for you.
Personal Loan Prepayment Amount Calculator
You can also use a Personal Loan Prepayment Amount Calculator in case you are planning to make periodic re-payments on your Personal Loan. This calculator helps you find out the time left to pay off your entire Personal Loan amount for the decided interest rate.
FAQ on Personal Loan EMI Calculator
✅How does an EMI calculator help me choose the best Personal Loan available?
An EMI calculator is a wonderful tool that not only helps you calculate the monthly EMI for your loan, but also helps you work out which loan offer is most suitable for you comparing loan amounts, tenure and ROI. Based on the calculations you can compare the EMIs from different loans with the help of the EMI calculator. This helps you make an informed choice.
✅ Is it possible to use a Personal Loan EMI calculator for car loan or Home Loan as well?
All EMI calculators work on the same three parameters of loan amount, ROI, and the loan tenure. However, many times specific EMI calculators come with pre-defined limits set for the maximum amount of principal and it varies from one loan type to another. For example, the maximum amount for Personal Loans is 50 Lakhs only. However, the same may be much higher for Home Loans. That is why it is always time-saving to use specific EMI calculators only.
✅ Are EMI calculators more accurate than the excel sheets?
Both EMI calculators and excel sheets are equally accurate. However, online EMI calculators are much simpler and easier to use, thus help simplify even lengthy calculations. This not only saves time but a lot of effort as well.
✅ What is the loan amortization schedule?
Loan amortization can be explained as the process of systematically arranging the process of loan repayment in a tabular format for ease of understanding. It must be noted that all EMIs that you make towards repaying the loan go into paying the principal, as well as, the interest component of the loan. With the help of a loan amortization table you can get absolute clarity on how much amount has been paid towards the principal and how much against the interest all through the loan tenure. This comes in handy at the time of increasing EMIs, or partial loan repayments, and so on and is therefore, vital to understand your amortization schedule well.
✅ Do EMI calculators calculate the same EMI as the actual EMI figure given by the bank?
Any EMI calculator will calculate the EMI based on whatever inputs are fed into it. If the inputs fed by you are the same as the inputs being used by the bank, then the EMI amount calculated by both will be the same. It is important to note that the loan tenure, loan amount, and the rate of interest entered must be the same as considered by the bank. Also, do not forget to count in the processing fee and include it in the loan amount to get the same results.